Burns Pharmacy has been approved as a provider for the COVID-19 vaccine by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. As a service to our community, we are offering the vaccine to all eligible facilities and individuals.
Burns Pharmacy has the Moderna and Pfizer COVID vaccines for moderately to severely immunocompromised people, as well as the COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots.
We are closely following the recommendation from the CDC in regards to administering these vaccines.
More information on the CDC guidance can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html
Which vaccine will the pharmacy be giving?
We have the Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J COVID Vaccine in stock. Please let us know which vaccine you are interested in receiving.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to individuals or the organization for the COVID-19 vaccine. The federal government has purchased the vaccine from manufacturers (Pfizer/Moderna, et all) and insurance (or non-insured programs) will cover the administration fee. Please provide us with a copy of your insurance card if applicable.
Checklist before coming for your Covid-19 Vaccine
- Read and Sign the COVID Prevaccination Checklist
- Complete and sign the COVID-19 Screening and Consent Form
- Bring your ID and prescription card with you
When you get vaccinated
- Please wear a mask when you enter the pharmacy. If you are feeling sick, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to wait for approximately 15 minutes after the vaccine administration for observation.
What should I do after I receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Sign up with v-safe, a free, smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe also reminds you to get your second dose if you need one. Learn more at www.cdc.gov/vsafe.
- Report side effects to help everyone learn more about the vaccine. You can report post vaccination side effects at Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) https://vaers.hhs.gov/