Burns Pharmacy has been approved as a provider for the COVID-19 vaccine by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. As a service to our community we are offering the vaccine to all eligible facilities and individuals.
Who gets the vaccine first?
We are following the Pennsylvania COVID-19 Vaccination Phase schedule. Most up-to-date information on the current phase can be found here:
Which vaccine will the pharmacy be giving?
We will be giving the Moderna vaccine. It is a 2 dose vaccine separated by 28 days. We will schedule your second dose after you receive dose 1 of the vaccine.
Is there any other criteria?
Everyone needs to meet the following guidelines to be COVID-19 vaccinated:
- If you have tested positive within the last 90 days we will not be able to administer the vaccine to you at this time, it is not recommended according to the CDC guidelines.
- If you have had a past severe allergic reaction to a medication, injectable medication or any other vaccine, please contact your Primary Care Physician to obtain a written clearance that you are able receive the Moderna vaccine. You will need to submit this before we can administer the vaccine to you.
- You do not qualify for COVID-19 vaccination if you have received any other vaccination within the last 14 days.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to individuals or the organization for the COVID-19 vaccine. The federal government has purchased the vaccine from manufacturers (Pfizer/Moderna, et all) and insurance (or non-insured programs) will cover the administration fee. Please provide us with a copy of your insurance card if applicable.
Checklist before coming for your Covid-19 Vaccine
- Read and Sign the COVID Prevaccination Checklist
- Complete and sign the COVID-19 Screening and Consent Form
- Bring your ID and prescription card with you
When you get vaccinated
- Please wear a mask when you enter the pharmacy. If you are feeling sick, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to wait for approximately 15 minutes after the vaccine administration for observation.
What should I do after I receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Sign up with v-safe, a free, smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe also reminds you to get your second dose if you need one. Learn more at www.cdc.gov/vsafe.
- Report side effects to help everyone learn more about the vaccine. You can report post vaccination side effects at Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) https://vaers.hhs.gov/